It Felt Like College Again....

Posted on Sunday, September 4, 2011 |

The pose as it is.... =)

The moment I arrived in Dumaguete, I tweeted and BBM-ed about it. I realized that I have not gone home for the past 2 years. It was a perfect time to do it because of the festivities in the city like the 110th Founder's Week Celebration of Silliman University.

Can you just imagine how giddy I was to join the fun?

I chose not to have any check-in baggage for the trip because I was in a hurry to get off the plane. The bad weather did not stop me at all. I wore the lousiest clothes on my way to the airport as I was ready to get soaked under the wild winds and water that the skies were offering.

I almost panicked when my Trisha's flight to Dumaguete on the same day got delayed.

I saw some familiar people in the airport. Some were my batchmates. Some were older alumnus. And when I say old. They are really old. The flight was one hell of a ride. Reminded me of the not-so-fun rides at the amusement park all because of the bad weather.

As soon as I got out of the airport, I saw my best friend Frances and Darlene. They were waiting for me and as promised, Frances picked me up. I was so giddy almost to the point of hyperventilating. I missed this place. I spent most of my wild days here! HAHAHA! I came out of my shell here and met the most amazing and beautiful people in my life.

When I was inside the car, I told Frances that I need to change clothes because I was wearing my straight-from-bed clothes because of the heavy rain in Manila. After freshening up at her place, we went straight to Silliman University.

ViVi, Frances, and Icko

I want to be seen. I wanted everyone to know that I was home. However, the mud at the booth area stopped me. My Coach shoes is not for the rugged days. So instead, Frances and I went to the Vernon Hall which used to be New Men's Dorm. Tete-a-tete with Kuya Princeton (Dorm Manager) and reminisced at how I was as a dormer. It was melancholic and nostalgic at the same time. I think the present dormers got irritated as I was shouting and screaming the whole time. No one can stop me. Frances and I also reminisced at how she'd pick me up at the dorm and check out my cute dorm mates.

ViVi with best friend (Straight!) Ivan at Cafe Antonio... Super quick chitchat...

It was so timely because it was Christian's birthday, Trisha's brother, so we crashed his party and ate dinner. I had to show off some antics that I'm sure Tita Cindy and Tita Bing missed.

Then we went to Labeled, Hayahay, and El Camino to party like rockstars. As we walked along the party strip, it felt like college again. We knew everyone. Besos everywhere. It made me realize how I missed Dumaguete. I wanna be young and free once more and I can only do that in this small city of the gentlest people in the Philippines.

The Original Triumvirate - Trisha, ViVi, and Appy!!!

You don't get out of the party scene sober. There are too many drinks for cheers and CHUG! =) HAHAHA!!!

We girls have moves like Jagger...
Trisha, ViVi, Appy, Frances, and Ciarra

Went home at 4 in the morning and like in college, Frances and I panicked at the thought that her Mom might wake up when we open the main gate. Thanks to their househelp who had to stay awake for us.

Dumaguete party-scene? Still scores with a BIG CHECK!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mike PeƱaranda said...

Cool! Haven't gone back since graduation, I think. Haha. :)

Vitori Vita said...

@mike: you should try it one of these days... it brings back the "happy days of school and college..." hahaha! =) But I'm sure you missed the place?

Post a Comment