Draft Gastropub - Bonifacio Global City

Posted on Sunday, March 2, 2014 |

Jonj and I picked up our friend Rey at NAIA Terminal 1 who flew Business Class with Cathay Pacific and still complained about how horrible the flight was.  He lost his luggage in Dubai, his stopover from Kabul.  Its interesting to know that he works for the US Military as an IT guy.  

Rey and I were best friends when we were in First Grade.  I was straight and he was know as Simoen back then. I have always joked that he could've been my first boyfriend had he not left for the States as soon as the school year ended.  

Catching up with someone who you haven't met for ages can be quite challenging.  I had no idea what he wants  and what he doesn't so it was great that our friend Elyn has been in touch with him.  Jonj was also a very good conversationalist so the dead airs where quite filled in.  There was no dull moment except that some Filipino jokes weren't really meant to be translated to English. Right? 

We were famished the moment we reached Draft.  The waiters were very attentive though and gave us our seats rightaway and took our orders.  The bad thing was it took a little while before the food was served and they didn't tell us how long we'll have to wait.  

Jonj ordered Roast Salmon (Php 450) and we thought it was such a serious food for a hipster like her.  


I know I wouldn't get washboard abs like Jonj because I always eat very oily dishes.  I got Fish and Frites (Php 355) after exercising for an hour at Ayala Triangle Gardens and of course I'm such a plastic if I'd say I did not feel guilty after.  I even had two glasses of 250ml Hoegaarden.   


It was my first time to hang out with Jonj and Rey here in Manila and I was very happy we got along so well especially with the whole English language thing between us.

To sum it up, our conversations were a good mix of shallow and deep topics like how politicians in the government seem to get away with anything, the use of a crop top and high-waist skirt, and most importantly the life of a hipster.  

Another good night for an intact sanity. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment