Manitoba Filipino Street Festival 2014

Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2014 |
It was a drizzling morning when I woke up on the 23rd of August to arrange the flowers for the float of Tribu Senyor Sto. Niño.  Tita Lalaine, the mother of my friend Phil, knocked on my door to remind me that we are running out of time for today's festivities.  So I hurried up and pulled myself together including my creativity to get the task done as soon as possible.

It was slowly falling into place that we are joining the Manitoba Filipino Street Festival 2014.  I came all the way from Regina, Saskatchewan and rode 6 hours to get to Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Took a selfie with the boat float of the image of the Child Jesus at the background.  And of course, you can't miss the brothers, Phil and Bon at the back with the cameo appearance of my new friend, EJ.


I couldn't be more proud of the flower arrangement I made to adorn the statue of the Child Jesus.  It was not close to being Ikebana but it was well appreciated. LOL! The Mercedes Benz was all covered up with the boat structure. 

There were representatives from Batangueños in Manitoba. 


Another group from Tuy, Batangas. 


A grand float from Davao showcasing their ethnic dances and songs.


People from Baguio joined to the parade too.


The stage for the day of festivitie looked festive.  I cannot find other words to describe it. LOL!


EJ and me in our own version of an Instagram logo with our props made the night before. 


I also met another new friend in the name of Lexir Roduta whos is a physician from the Philippines.  We happen to know a lot of common people and that includes my friend, Dr. Ryan Andal who is currently a Cardiology Fellow at Makati Medical Center. 


The best part of the day was winning the Best Float Award.  Thanks Lexir for the photo! We were all smiles.  We couldn't contain it!


I would like to thank Tita Lalaine and Tito Boy for inviting me in the festivities.  It was nice sharing my hidden talent in flower arrangement.  Thanks to the lovely couple Phil and Andrea for being so supportive in this whole adventure.  Thanks to all the new people I've met in Winnepeg! You guys are awesome!  


We will definitely do our best next year and win two more awards including the Best Booth!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment