Twenty Twelve Part 2

Posted on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 |
The ViVi pose at Smile Studio by Dra. Gael Bissdorf... =)

On the second day of my antibiotic therapy, I felt better. My tonsils were less painful and swallowing was not much of a burden anymore but I was still having fever. The next thing I knew? I was in the restroom trying to poo my heart out. Damn! I was having a difficult time defecating. Sorry guys.. You can skip reading this part because this is grose. But I had to move heaven and earth to do what I usually do with ease. But thank God... I managed to let it out.... I was the happiest person alive after getting out of that situation... So since I felt better already... I went to my cousins place as staying at home for some time made me a little more sick than better.... So I thought that seeing other people would be the best idea to refresh my mind. I need to see a different wall... =)

On the third day, I realized that I forgot my Zithromax at home and going home to get it would be impractical and it may also take much of my time. So instead, I bought a generic medication from Generika... I actually thought they have what I wanted.. I want the real Zithromax. However, I was too lazy to go to Mercury Drug to buy it... So instead I settled with the generic Azithromycin.... If I buy the Zithromax.... It costs Php 180 while its generic counterpart costs Php 100 per tablet. Which lead to my conclusion that we can start taking a branded medication and then finish the antibiotic therapy with its generic counterpart.

Next stop on my third day of sick leave was a visit to my dentist, Dra. Gael Jelica Bissdorf. The moment I woke up, I was already complaining to Linda that my head kinda hurts. I think that was referred pain from my tooth but I couldn't care less anymore. It was bothering me. So instead of going home that day, I went to my dentist to have my teeth cleaned and repaired whatever it is she wants to do with it. Dang! She had a difficult time with the anesthesia because it wasnt working on me. It made me recall my last intake of alcohol and I knew that it was about 4 days ago. I am so sure it has been flushed from my system already. Once I was done with my appointment, I think the 6 ampules of Lidocaine that she injected just took effect which was useless because the clinic has to close at 9pm. I moved on with the rest of the night by heading to Republiq as my friends and I wanted to "salubong" my birthday there.

It was Trisha's idea that we "salubong" my birthday. Salubong is celebrating the birthday like its the new year... I was there in my shiny red shoes. I wore a purple cardigan and a lime green shirt... I felt fab that night amidst the anesthesia on my face which we fondly call Botox! Dinner at Cafe Republiq, while they feasted on their food I drank water. When we got inside Republiq, we perked the night up with Jagger Bombs. The whole time I thought it was Jagger Bull... =) Jagger Bombs are 1 part Jaggermeister and 1 part red bull... I am used to mixing it in the glass first then gulp... But they wanted me to drink it as is in one gulp.... I was pressured! So I drank 3 glasses! =) Purrrfect!!!

That night I met a super cute medicine student in the name of Kevin Giller. He claims that he doesnt go to parties a lot but I was surprised because he happens to know a lot of people at Republiq on our way out. I searched for him on Facebook and yes I added him and at this very moment he has not confirmed my friend request. HAHAHA! =) We ended the night with some soup at Shakey's and head to Trisha's apartment for a night's rest.

My birthday leave was granted to make sure that I get the 4 days of rest. I spent my morning sleeping until I realized that I had to renew my professional license. Linda and I met up at PRC because she also needed to get some documents for GJ, the other Bissdorf sister. It was a very tiring process for both of us as I was also complaining that my shoes is hurting some parts of my feet and we had to go to different windows. But we managed to wrap the afternoon up with some Japanese food from Tokyo Tokyo and bought some freshly-minted rubber slippers near the area for a more comfortable commuting going home.

As soon as we got home, I couldn't help but feel super tired and I got emotional. I kinda told myself that I did not feel my birthday. I almost thought that the day went bunks. But I realized that it doesnt really matter. What bothered me most was the fact that I was not able to go to church.

Since I have not blown a candle yet since the day started. I asked Gj to buy some cake at Starbucks. She arrived just before the day ended. Wish granted! I got my cake and I was able to blow and think of a wish! Purrfect!

It was a so-so birthday but I was more than happy to know that there are people who love me. And that's the most important thing for now.


Post a Comment